Special Events Coverage
In order to transfer the risk associated with short-term rentals of Diocesan facilities, the Diocese requires that the party renting the facility (the “Tenant User”) maintain Liability Insurance in the amount of at least $1,000,000. There are two options:
- If the Tenant User does maintain their own insurance, they will need to provide you with a Certificate of Insurance evidencing at least the $1,000,000 General Liability Limit and will need to include the Parish, the Pastor, the Diocese of Trenton and Bishop David M. O’Connell, as well as show the location where the event is going to be held, as Additional Insureds.
- C.M. Liability coverage to be primary, non-contributory with a waiver of subrogation in favor of the parish and diocese.
- If the Tenant User does NOT maintain their own insurance, at their option the Tenant User can purchase the coverage through the Diocese program, which can provide the applications and also submit them to the insurance company on behalf of the Tenant User.
Please note that coverage is required when a person has requested to use a diocesan location/facility for a non-parish or non-school sponsored event only. All parish and school-sponsored events are covered by the Diocese of Trenton’s liability program.
Who is Covered
- The Tenant User of the facility
- The Owner or Lessee of the premises
- The Diocese of Trenton as an additional insured
What is Covered
The liability coverage pays for legal obligations arising out of negligent actions that affect third parties in the following areas:
- General Liability, including bodily injury, property damage and personal injury emanating from liability imposed by law or assumed by contract
- Liquor Liability for damages emanating from the distribution or sale of alcoholic beverages
Rates for One-Time Events
For one time (non-recurring) special events lasting up to 72 hours, the flat rate is $110 per event.
Please download the Event Insurance Enrollment Form for Non-Recurring Events.
Rates for Recurring Events
The rates for recurring events are as follows: