The insurance program provided by the Diocese of Trenton incorporates a blanket limit of General Liability, including Personal and Bodily Injury, that covers all Diocesan Insured entities and applies on a per occurrence basis with a maximum aggregate limit of liability.
Name Insured (Who is Covered)
- The Roman Catholic Diocese of Trenton, its successors or assigns; agencies, subsidiaries, affiliates, institutions, and societies owned by or operated by the Diocese
- Employees and Volunteer workers of the Diocese while acting within the scope of their duties as such
- Additional Insureds – those persons for whom the Diocese has agreed in writing to provide protection. The amount of insurance provided to the additional insured will not exceed the agreed amount or the policy limit, whichever is less
- Appointed or elected trustees, directors, council members, or board members in any parish, cemetery, school and other diocesan or religious trust entity, which is connected, associated or affiliated with the Diocese for any wrongful acts while acting in their assigned capacity.
What is Covered
Bodily injury and property damage arising from:
- General Liability
- Personal Injury Liability
- Directors and Officers, Errors and Omissions, and School Board Liability
- Host and/or Liquor Liability
- Employee Benefits Liability
- Limited Professional Health Care Services Coverage (School Nurses)
- Sexual Misconduct
Commercial general liability coverage insures the Diocese against accidents and injuries that might occur to a third party on its premises. It will insure the Diocese against any third party claims for bodily injury or property damage, medical expenses accruing to the underlying incident, the cost of defending lawsuits including investigations and settlements, and for any payments the Diocese is legally obligated to make. The policy never covers intentional and fraudulent acts.