Boiler and Machinery Coverage
The insurance program provided by the Diocese of Trenton incorporates a blanket limit of boiler and machinery insurance for all listed locations which applies on a per occurrence basis.
Named Insured (Who is Covered)
- Any location listed on the Schedule of Locations of the Boiler and Machinery Policy
What is Covered (Property Insured)
- The limit of your insurance under each of the coverages listed in the Declaration page of your policy, from loss, damage or expense arising from any “one incident"
These limits are a part of and not in addition to the Equipment Breakdown limit. Payment for damaged “covered property” will be the smallest of the costs to repair or replace, arising from a covered loss to the following:
- Boiler and Pressure Vessels –equipment that generates, transmits, or utilizes energy, including electronic communications and data processing equipment, and includes boilers, steam piping, piping that is part of a closed loop used to conduct heat from boiler, condensate tanks
- Equipment that generates, transmits or utilizes energy, including electronic communications and data processing equipment
- Equipment which during normal usage, operates under a vacuum or pressure, other than the weight of its contents.
Covered Causes of Loss Include:
- An event inside hot water boilers or other water heating equipment that damages such equipment
- Bursting, cracking or splitting
- Mechanical breakdown, including rupture or bursting caused by centrifugal force
- Explosion, other than combustion explosion, of steam boiler, steam piping, steam engine or steam equipment
- Motor burnout, or an event inside the steam boiler, steam piping, steam engine or steam equipment, that damages equipment
- Artificially-generated electrical current, including electrical arcing, that damages electrical devices, appliances or wires