The insurance program provided by the Diocese of Trenton incorporates a blanket limit of Automobile Liability and Physical Damage, including Personal and Bodily Injury, that covers all Diocesan Insured entities and applies on a per occurrence basis with a maximum aggregate limit of liability.
Named Insured (Who is Covered)
- The Roman Catholic Diocese of Trenton, its parishes, agencies, schools, institutions and designated religious organizations
- The officers, members, employees and parishioners individually, while engaged in any capacity on behalf of any parish, school or other entity of the Diocese
Types of Automobiles Covered
- Private passenger, commercial or business vehicles registered to parishes, organizations, agencies or institutions of the Diocese of Trenton
- Certain loaned, borrowed, rented or leased vehicles if operated by a named insured
- When accepted, certain private passenger automobiles of individual priests are covered. Priests are limited to one personal vehicle that must be registered in the name of the priest applying for coverage.
What is Covered
The policy will pay sums a covered person becomes legally obligated to pay because of bodily injury or property damage that involves a covered auto. In addition, the policy will cover defense costs associated with allegations arising from a covered event.
- Collision includes the covered auto’s collision with another vehicle or its overturn
- Comprehensive includes all other causes of loss (except for policy exclusions such as wear and tear, mechanical breakdown, freezing, tire blowouts or other road damage to tires)